We are pleased to announce the certification of SANsymphony™-V with the SAP HANA® platform. DataCore™ SANsymphony-V is storage infrastructure software that operates across multiple vendors’ storage systems to deliver the performance and availability required by demanding enterprise-class applications such as SAP HANA.
What is SAP HANA?
The SAP HANA in-memory database lets organizations process vast amounts of transactional, analytical and application data in real-time using a computer’s main memory. Its platform provides libraries for predictive, planning, text processing, spatial and business analytics.
Key Challenges for SAP HANA implementation:
SAP HANA demands a storage infrastructure to process data at an unprecedented speed and has zero-tolerance for downtime. Most organizations store entire SAP HANA multi-terabyte production systems on high-performance Tier 1 storage to meet the performance required during peak processing cycles, such as “period end,” or seasonal demand spikes. This practice presents the following challenges to IT departments:
- Tier 1 storage is expensive to deploy and significantly impact the IT budget.
- Tier 1 storage is limited to its physical constraints when it comes to data availability, staging, reporting, and test and development.
- Managing multiple storage systems (existing and new) can add considerable cost and complexity; routine tasks like test/dev and reporting are difficult to manage.
Benefits of DataCore
DataCore SANsymphony-V is the first Software-defined Storage solution that is certified to operate across multiple vendors’ SAP HANA-certified storage systems to deliver the performance and availability required. DataCore SANsymphony-V software provides the essential enterprise-class storage functionality needed to support the real-time applications offered by the SAP HANA® platform.
With DataCore, SAP HANA customers gain:
- Choice: Companies have the choice of using existing and/or new SAP HANA certified storage systems, with the ability to seamlessly manage and scale their data storage architectures as well as giving them more purchasing power (no vendor lock-in)
- Performance: Accelerate I/O with DataCore™ Adaptive Parallel I/O architecture as well as caching to take full advantage of SAP HANA. in-memory capabilities to transform transactions, analytics, text analysis, predictive and spatial processing.
- Cost-efficiency: DataCore reduces the amount of Tier 1 storage space needed, and makes the best use of lower cost persistent HANA-certified storage.
DataCore SANsymphony-V infrastructure software is the only SAP HANA-certified SDS solution that can be used together with an SAP-certified storage solution from Fujitsu, Huawei, IBM, Dell, NEC, Nimble Storage, Pure Storage, Fusion-io, Violin Memory, EMC, NetApp, HP and Hitachi.